Monday 29 November 2010

Review L'Oréal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

I'm a fan of mascara. If I had to chose one make-up item to owe for the rest of my life, this one would probably be THE one. If you don't have time for eyeshadow, a bit of mascara can do wonders to your face. So I'm always keen on trying new ones, I already have found a favourite in my Maybelline one but maybe I can find an even better one. There's always that little voice in me screaming to try more... Familiar with this, I'm sure you are?! Hence the reason I bought this mascara for a few dollars online to give it a go!

L'Oreal presents Carbon Black Voluminous Volume Building Mascara. L'Oreal's Carbon Black Voluminous is uniquely formulated to resist clumping, soften lashes, and build lashes to 4X their natural thickness! Unique maximizing formula quickly thickens and builds lashes in a single application for a full and dramatic lash look. Patented Volume Maximizing Brush thickens lashes evenly and smoothly leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps. Voluminous, formulated with Panthenol and Ceramide-R, protects and conditions lashes leaving them supple and soft to the touch, resisting clumping and flaking. Ophthalmologist and allergy tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Clump-Resistant. Fragrance-Free.

Packaging is nice and quite chic with the black and gold, L'Oreal surely wants to look luxurious with this mascara. The brush itself is very basic, nothing special about it.


Then, onto the application and results. The mascara applies easily but is very tricky. It clumps and cloggs like there's no tomorrow. Only when I apply it very carefully it comes out more or less ok. I also experience some fallout with this mascara, especially when used on the lower lashes. The mascara gives me a sufficient amount of length and some thickening but not the volume I expected from their promises. Also their promise to not clump hasn't been fullfilled!

The goods: luxuriouslike packaging, price, result is ok

The bads: clumps, cloggs, fallout, application is difficult

Summing it up: I wouldn't buy this mascara again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone because of the application. I know a lot of people love this mascara and I've tried it for several weeks but I'm not feeling it at all... There are better mascaras out there for the same amount of money.

9 comments:

BeautyLoves said...

Waar heb je hem gekocht?
Ik ben hier zelf ook zo benieuwd naar, mede door alle lof die deze mascara online krijgt!

Sara said...

Awww that's not good :( I was expecting it to be clump free atleast. Lovely review. Thanks for sharing ^ ^

Evelien said...

Perfectly: via allcosmeticswholesale online voor 3 dollar ofzo, dus spotgoedkoop (en 'm was volledig ingepakt). Ik was ook erg benieuwd door het lof maar het is erg teleurstellend. Voor mij werkt m niet.

Sara: it just doesn't work for me and I've tried it a lot of times, it's a good mascara if you like spider legs

PinkFairy said...

Volgens mij is dit ook weer zo'n mascara van L' oreal die niet in NL te koop is... net als Volumissime... zo jammer.

Evelien said...

Ik heb m hier in BE ook nog niet gezien eigenlijk.

Gaby Fauchon said...

I have this in my stash but I haven't tried it yet!

Evelien said...

Do let me know what you think about it!

Anonymous said...

I just got this one but i haven't opened it yet..Now i'm debating whether I should return it...

Evelien said...

I don't know what to advise you... I didn't like it but I know a lot of people love it and that was also the reason I wanted to try it. I guess you should just take the plunge and see to which catagory you belong!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms