Monday 4 July 2011

Something I heard the other day about brushes...

Last weekend I went to a demonstration of beauty products, mostly body care but also some skin care and makeup. While the presentation lady was explaining their new bronzing pearls, I noticed the withcoming brush (white goat hair probably) was quite dirty. I couldn't help myself to make a remark about cleaning... She said she cleansed it every week with a mild shampoo and that the new wash was due for tomorrow.

And then, one of the other spectaters stated "oh, you can wash them? I just throw them away from time to time". I really -really- had a hard time not bursting out in laughter. Off course you can wash them, you don't throw away a hair brush if it's dirty now do you? In case you're wondering: she bought her brushes in Hema so they are budgetproof with prices from 1 to 8 euros - personally I don't like Hema face brushes, they sting.

But this got me wondering... Have you ever thrown away a brush for various reasons? I'm curious to your stories. So far I haven't thrown away a single brush of mine and I plan on keeping it that way!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was younger I used the brushes that came with the packaging/ palette and I did throw them out! OMG .. but luckly they were super cheap :D
Ignorance cost me a lot :D

BeautyLoves said...

Dat is even erg als het 7 jaar oude mascara-verhaal dat ik een tijd geleden gehoord heb.
Hoe is het mogelijk! Dat had ze vast niet gedaan als ze 20-30 euro per kwast had uitgegeven (hoop ik!).

Gaby Fauchon said...

Whaaaaaaat?? Throw away a makeup brushes? Even drugstore brushes tend to be quite pricey, why would you want to throw them away? I can't believe some people actually do that!

Evelien said...

Copycat: yes, those plastic ones - I'm not a fan of those either but I do keep them. They can be convenient when you can't take a brush along or when you've forgotten one. I wouldn't throw them away unused.

Beautyloves: wow, 7 jaar oud? Nee, dat meen je niet... Ooginfecties alom gok ik dan?

GABY: Well, because they were dirty... she said. I doesn't even come to my mind why you wouldn't think about washing them? It's very sad. I couldn't believe my eyes either - I was a bit blown away.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms