Monday 22 August 2011

Review Sigma -large- eye shader brush E60

I've already done a lot of reviews on Sigma brushes - not all good ones may I add - but they do offer some decent brushes. Today features another of their shading natural hair brushes, this is the large one - which I often grab for. A review of the short one called E55 can be found here.
Flat shape is ideal for application of cream formulas and eye shadow primers. 
It also works great with loose eye shadows or pigments. 
Can be used to apply color all over the lid or precisely on the lash line. 
Natural bristles. 9$ on their website.
The brush has a large handle like all Sigma brushes and the bristles are made of natural hair, soft - easy in application & easy to clean. This is a good brush for primer application, creamy shadows or a colour all over the lid. I mostly use it for the last reason. When using a primer I prefer using my fingers & I'm not that much into cream eyeshadows. When saying "large" they aren't exaggerating, it's quite big and covers about 1/3 - half my eyelid and I have quite big eyes already.
Here is a nice comparison to see how 'large' the brush is. 
From top to bottom - all Sigma: SS217, E60 large, E55 short.

Overall I enjoy using this brush but is it a neccesity? Probably not. If you have quite small eyes, skip this entirely. I wouldn't do too much trouble of getting this brush from Sigma as there are similar quality & prisewise brushes available that have the same effect. To sum it up: decent basic brush.

5 comments:

BeautyLoves said...

Voor mij zijn dergelijke kwasten meestal iets te groot voor het ooglid zelf. Het formaat van een 239 is ideaal!

Silk Mandel said...

Dear Evelien,
I just found your blog and I love it! Thank you for sharing your products and opinions, it's very helpful :)

Evelien said...

Kwasten zijn altijd vrij persoonlijk vind ik :). Een 239 of E55 hier vind ik persoonlijk wat klein, wel goed voor highlighter en iets meer precisie.

Thanks Silk, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here!

Anonymous said...

I love this brush for applying my MAC ProLongwear concealer & Bobbi Brown Corrector. I have large eyes as well and have tried using the MAC 224 and 217 to apply the concealer (thats what the MUA's use at the MAC stores) however, I prefer how it applies with this brush! I follow up with the E40 to help blend out the edges and the application is FLAWLESS!

Evelien said...

Thanks for the tip, I haven't tried this one for concealer yet (as I don't use much) but I'm going to try it!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms